Your answers to these 10 simple questions are powerful clues that reveal bits and pieces of who you are, and help you identify what fills you with joy.
When I was younger, I was envious of those people who just knew what they wanted to do with their lives.
I didn’t know what was wrong with me….I wondered why I didn’t have a clear knowing about what my talents were or what I wanted to do with my life.
It’s not like I didn’t enjoy anything, it’s just that nothing in particular stood out.
For years, I wanted the magical formula to be revealed to me. I wanted to know what purpose I had in life and how best to put it to use.
In hindsight, there were many, many clues. It must have been my journey to learn about myself and my passions over time.
That’s why I want to share this resource with you. These simple, yet powerful questions have served me and many others in the process of inspiring and uncovering not only purpose, but how to infuse more passion and meaning into life.
But before you move forward, consider these tips:
When answering these questions, the key is to answer what rings true for YOU. Put aside any excuses, roadblocks, ‘shoulds’ or limits. Think in terms of who you are at your core. Consider lessons and experiences that have shaped your perspectives and insights that best influence you. Answer from your heart and your deepest desires.
Here are the 10 questions to inspire your purpose and uncover your calling:
1. If you had the time and money to spend 1 year focusing on learning anything, what would you choose to learn?
2. If you had $500,000 to donate, plus paid time to contribute to any one cause in the world, what cause would you choose and why?
3. When your family and friends ask you for help….what talents and/or skills are you utilizing and providing to them…have you seen a pattern over time?
4. Think of someone in the world who’s work you admire and find intriguing. What is it that they do and why do you find it valuable?
5. If you had a magic wand, what’s the 1 thing would you change on this planet and why?
6. There are moments in your life, when time seems to fly by, what are you doing in those moments?
7. If someone offered to pay you each week to do your most favorite activity, which activity would you choose and why?
8. As a kid, you were probably asked what you wanted to be when you grew up. Is there a particular career you mentioned back then that still sparks something inside of you?
9. If there was a magical reset button with no limitations, and you had the option to switch to a new juicy career, what career would you switch to?
10. What matters most to you and why?
Carve out time to sit with these questions. After you’ve completed them, think about what’s next. What you do want to do with this information? It’s 100% up to you!
Your answers speak volumes about who you are and what makes your heart sing. The more you can incorporate these things into your life, the more meaningful and purposeful your life will be.
However, it doesn’t mean you must merge your career with your calling. If that’s what your heart desires, then go for it! But it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Sometimes it’s the little inspirations and small acts that make the biggest impact.
Based on your answers to these questions, here are some actions that, at the very least, will infuse more meaning and purpose into your days.
- Spend an hour a week volunteering your time towards the cause you’re passionate about.
- Get lost in time more often. Carve out space to do those things that you would do even if no one asked you to do.
- Take a class or a workshop and learn what you wish to be learning.
- Contribute to the change you’d like to see in the world. Even if it is a very small contribution, the ripple effect is always huge.
- Be like your hero. What is one quality you can incoporate today that mirrors what you admire most in others? Be it. Live it.
- Join a group that shares the same passions as yours. Or, start a group.
- Create ways to get paid to do what you love and utilize your talents….even if it’s a side job.
- Make a career change that supports your purpose and calling.
Which question produced the most surprising or interesting answer for you? I’d love to know…please share it in the comments below.
The world needs more of YOU in it. I hope this has supported you in some way to get out there, be YOU and live a truly meaningful life.
P.S. If there is someone you know who is looking to uncover their purpose or calling, share this post with them!
P.P. S. If you would like to support in learning more about who you are, check out The Ultimate Roadmap. If you would like support in shifting to a career that’s more in line with your purpose, check out these Business Evolution solutions.